WEB & GRAPHIC DESIGNER, SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETER,
PHOTOGRAPHER & PHOTO EDITOR
- Computer savvy web and graphic designer. Highly skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
- Proven track record of creating and designing 30+ interactive websites from concept to completion.
- Accomplished in designing for both web and print media, and creating social media marketing campaigns.
- Talented and experienced photographer. Adept at image enhancement, optimization and photo restoration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills honed from writing and presenting proposals to clients.
- Experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Self-starter. Able to organize, research and design projects independently, while meeting client deadlines.
- Team player. Able to work well within groups to achieve common goals through cooperation and communication.
Freelance Web and Graphic Designer, Social Media Marketer, Photographer, Photo Editor and Computer Tutor, Pittsburgh, PA: 6/02 – Present
- Designed a variety of graphics for print, including magazine ads, CD covers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Provided services in photography and photo editing for bands, parties, weddings, and special events.
- Interviewed clients to determine their specific needs for each project. Created fully customized designs.
- Wrote proposals, made presentations to prospective clients, and determined estimated cost of projects.
- Created, developed and promoted four Social Media Sites/Facebook Fan Pages for clients and charities.
- Established long-term relationships with clients that resulted in repeat business and many referrals.
- Designed and implemented brand-new company intranet site, and added new content on a regular basis.
- Created and designed new company multi-page electronic newsletter website, called DynaVoXPRESSions.
- Composed HTML email announcements for web updates and monthly newsletter.
- Redesigned the home page and added new content to the DynaVox corporate website.
- Integrated Enkidu Labs’ entire website into the DynaVox website following the acquisition of the company.
- Provided technical support for DynaVox customers and sales representatives across the United States.
Adobe Illustrator Instructor,
Community College of Allegheny County,
Pittsburgh, PA: 2/03 – 5/03
- Taught Adult Continuing Education Course in Adobe Illustrator.
- Prepared course syllabus and weekly lesson plans.
- Demonstrated techniques and assigned class projects.
- Monitored and evaluated students’ progress throughout the course.
Web and Graphic Designer, Mega-Logic, Inc.,
West Mifflin, PA: 11/01 – 3/02
- Art Institute of Pittsburgh Student Internship at Mega-Logic, Inc.
- Added new content to websites being maintained by Mega-Logic, Inc.
- Created custom graphics for print and web using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Designed a prototype in Flash as an E-Training Program for the Allegheny County Mental Health Association.
Associate Degree in Specialized Technology, 2002
Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Graduated With Honors, Earning Dean's Award
Major: Multimedia and Web Design
Graduate Studies, 1987 – 1989
Carlow College, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Major: Art Education
Bachelor of Science Degree, 1983
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Major: Psychology, Minor: Child Development and Sociology
Classes in Black & White Photography, 1980, 1999
Pittsburgh Filmmakers, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
SITES PAST & PRESENT (FOR POSTERITY!)
Deena's New & Improved Portfolio Website: www.deenavision.com
Trebuchet Consulting: www.trebuchetconsultingllc.com
Justice For Dom: www.justice4dom.org
Deena's Friends for a Cure: www.deenasfriends4acure.org
Greenberg Elder Law Services: www.floridaelderlawservices.com
Christine Kirsch Cancer Fund: www.deenasportfolio.com/ckcf/index.html
Sonic Blues Band: www.sonicbluesband.com
Lauri Lang, R.D., L.D.N.: www.laurilang.com
Trebuchet Consulting, LLC.: www.trebuchetconsulting.com
Audrey & Bill's 50th Wedding Anniversary: Alansky 50th Anniversary Web Site
The Physical Therapy Center: www.handsoncare.net
Lisa Miles Violin: www.lisamilesviolin.com
The Latin Dance Palace: www.deenasportfolio.com/ldp/index.html
French Brothers Custom Furniture: www.frenchbrotherscustom.com
Accomplish Online: www.accomplishonline.com
Bobby D's Swing City: www.swingpgh.com
The Marrow Donor Resource Center: www.marrowdonation.org
The Johnnie Johnson Blues & Jazz Festival: www.johnniejohnsonfestival.com
The Early Learning Institute: www.deenasportfolio.com/teli/index.html
Circle C Youth & Family Services: www.circlec.net
Charity Bar Crawl: www.charitybarcrawl.com
Learn About Leukemia: www.learnaboutleukemia.org
Extant Music: www.extantmusic.com
The Latin American & Caribbean Heritage Room: www.heritageroom.org
People Interested in Sincere, Trustworthy Officials: www.pist-off.com
Computational Diagnostics, Inc.: www.cdi.com
The Jill West and Blues Attack Web Site:
Digital Original Portfolio Web Site: www.deenasportfolio.com
PREVIOUS CAREER IN CHILD CARE (1983 – 1999)
Professional Nanny: 1993 – 1999
Supervised and coordinated activities as a private nanny for families.
Child Care Coordinator: 1985 – 1989, 1991 – 1993
Organized and coordinated families into nanny sharing cooperative
Child Development Specialist/Parent Counselor: 1991
Evaluated and developed treatment plans for developmentally delayed
Day Care Director: 1984 – 1985, 1990 – 1991
Founder and director of two family day care homes. Managed all
aspects of day care operations: designing brochures, advertising,
budgeting, bookkeeping, etc.
Preschool Teacher: 1983 – 1984
Taught preschool and arts and crafts at small day care center.